- Q:How can I enroll in the GroundLink's Ride in Style with Visa offer ?
- For U.S. Visa Signature cardholders, go to: www.groundlink.com/visasignature to see if you are eligible.
- If you are, sign up for a GroundLink profile and save your eligible Visa Signature credit card as the form of payment, or if you have an existing GroundLink profile, add your eligible card to your account. Once you've validated your card, you'll get one promotional credit of $20 that can be applied toward a GroundLink reservation booked with that card. When booking a ride, make sure to use your registered Visa credit card to receive your discount and to use your promotional credit.
- Once registered you can book via any channel and select your Visa card under payment options.
- Q:How do I make a reservation for a GroundLink car?
- For U.S. Visa Signature cardholders, go to: www.groundlink.com/visasignature
- You can also make bookings on GroundLink's Car Service App for mobile devices (downloadable on the Apple App Store and Google Play). See: www.groundlink.com/car-service-app
- You can also call GroundLink directly at: 888 397 0364
- Q:Where does GroundLink provide car service?
- You can ride with GroundLink in every U.S. city and in 110 countries worldwide. Rides can be booked in advance using any of our reservation methods. Most reservations need to be booked between 30 minutes to 4 hours before your requested pick-up time. Advance reservation times differ based on the pickup location.In New York City, we offer through our mobile app a RIDE NOW® feature which allows you to book a car and then ride on demand. With RIDE NOW® a car will be at your door within 10 minutes.
- Q:What's the difference between the vehicle classes?
GroundLink offers a wide selection of vehicle types in order to best meet the needs of our passengers and travel organizers. To learn about the differences please visit Our Fleet page.
- Q:How many passengers and bags can each vehicle type accommodate?
Each vehicle can accommodate a different number of passengers and bags. Please visit Our Fleet page to view our passenger and bag limits for each car class.
If your passenger/bag count exceeds the limits, you will need to upgrade the vehicle type or reserve an additional vehicle. TLC safety regulations prohibit passengers and bags from riding in the front seat of the vehicle. The driver has the right to refuse the ride if the passenger/bag count exceeds the limits of the vehicle. This will result in extra charges for you, so please book accordingly.
- Q:What information is collected during booking and how is this information used?
Any information you provide to us when booking is confidential and never shared with a third party.
We ask for the passenger's name, pick-up and drop-off locations, vehicle request, credit card information, mobile number and email address. The email address you provide us with will be sent the booking confirmation and a final receipt. We also ask for the passenger's mobile number so they can receive important SMS alerts on the day of their ride. You can opt-out of providing us with an email address and mobile number; however this could result in a number of ride-related issues like missing an error in a reservation or being unable to locate your driver at pick-up. We strongly recommend that all passengers provide a valid email address and mobile number.
- Q:What is GroundLink's ride cancellation policy?
We know plans can change, so we've designed an industry-leading cancellation policy that's flexible for our customers and supports our drivers. We won't charge cancellation fees (and any applicable ride-related expenses), if you cancel before the times outlined on our cancellation policy page. Since our policy varies by pick-up location and vehicle type so please visit Our Cancellation Policy page for more information.
- Q:How will I know my car has arrived and what if I need to contact the driver?
If you've provided us with your mobile number, you will receive an SMS alert to let you know your driver is on the way and again when they arrive at your pickup location.
If you need to contact your driver, the best number to call will be listed in the SMS alert. You can also always call us at 888 397 0364.
- Q:What's the benefit of creating a GroundLink account?
A GroundLink account allows you to easily view and manage your current, cancelled and completed reservations. It also allows you the ability to edit or cancel any reservations, manage your payment methods and contact information, and most importantly it expedites the booking process.
- Q:Does GroundLink offer services for corporations?
Yes. We can work with you to customize a travel program that best meets your needs and the needs of your travelers. To learn more about opening a corporate account, visit Our Corporate Page.
- Q:How much will my GroundLink ride cost?
GroundLink's fares are based on distance calculations from the pick-up to drop-off location. In certain locales, the distance is calculated by zone. In others, the calculation is based on the exact start and end points. To get an estimate of your ride, please visit groundlink.com and enter your ride details with the date and time you will need the service.
- Q:Are there additional or hidden fees?
GroundLink does not have hidden fees. We show you your estimated total upfront, which includes all charges with the exception of wait time, stops, parking or tolls, which cannot be calculated until the ride is complete.
- Q:Is gratuity included or should I tip the driver when I exit?
You are not responsible for paying the driver a tip when exiting. In certain markets such as the NYC metro, DC and Chicago area (markets subject to change), you are charged a 15% standard gratuity, which you will see as a line item at check out. Riding outside of these markets, the tip percentage is already included in the base fare and is determined and distributed to the drivers by the company for which they work. Any additional gratuity can be added at your discretion.
- Q:What other fees might I see on my final bill that were not on the ride confirmation?
Fees incurred during the ride cannot be estimated beforehand, so you'll see them only on your final bill. Any wait time, additional stops you request and tolls will be reflected on your final bill.
- Q:How are by the hour job rates calculated?
By the hour job rates are calculated based on the pickup location, route taken, and drop off location for the ride using a zone fare pricing model. During booking, GroundLink provides a rate that is based on the ride staying within the pickup zone. Should you go to a different zone during your by the hour ride, the rate of the ride will be adjusted to reflect the actual ride taken.
- Q:What if I'm running late or my flight is late - will my driver wait for me?
Yes, but please be aware after the wait time grace period you will be charged wait time. With an airport pick-up, if you've provided us with your flight information we will track your flight, in an effort to help you avoid wait time fees.
Our industry leading grace periods are: 30 minutes for a domestic flight/cruise terminal pick-up, 60 minutes for an international flight pick-up and 10 minutes for anywhere else. After the grace period expires you will be charged wait time. Wait Time is $1/minute.
We will try to reach you several times before completely canceling your ride. Once your grace period has ended we will wait an additional 60 minutes, reach out to you once more and then we will cancel the ride. You will then be responsible for the base fare, wait time fees and safety assurance fees.
- Q:What is demand-based pricing?
In an effort to increase the amount of supply available during inclement weather, certain peak travel times and local events, GroundLink has instituted demand-based pricing in order to maximize the chance that there will be a car available for you when you need one. During times of high demand we will increase prices in order to secure the best, most reliable transportation for you.
- Q:Does the driver accept credit cards or cash?
Our drivers do not accept payments in any form. Your payment information will be gathered during the booking process whether you book online, through our app or by phone.
- Q:When will my card be charged?
Upon confirmation of your reservation, we authorize your card for the estimated cost of your ride. This is not a "true" charge and usually shows up in the pending charges section of your credit card statement.
Once your ride is completed, the credit or debit card you provided will be charged for the actual costs incurred for the ride. A final receipt will be emailed to you within 48 hours of your completed ride.
- Q:Will I get a receipt of my ride?
You will receive a receipt via email 24-48 hours after your trip has been completed. If you do not receive a receipt contact our Customer Service department.
You can also print ride details from the "My Dashboard" section of our website. Ride Details reports are updated 24-48 hours after a ride and will reflect final charges.
- Q:What if my flight is early or delayed?
We ask for your flight information when booking your ride. This information allows us to track your flight - so early or late - when your flight arrives we'll be there. You have the option to disable flight tracking, but we advise against this because if your flight is early you may be kept waiting or if it's late you may incur unnecessary wait time fees.
- Q:How will I find my driver? Do you provide meet & greet service?
We offer curb-side pick-up as standard service or meet & greet service for an additional fee.
If you've requested an inside pick-up your driver will meet you at baggage claim for domestic flights and outside of customs for international flights.
If you're meeting your driver for curb-side pick-up, please call the driver when you've collected your luggage, using the number you received via SMS to arrange the pick-up location.
- Q:I have a small child, do I need to bring my own seat?
You can reserve a child seat during the booking process, for an additional fee.
In order to ensure the safety of the child and proper installation of the car seat, the driver may ask for assistance when installing the car seat. In NYC, the law requires the passenger perform the installation.
- Q:Do I need to put my child in a car seat?
Laws vary by state, so you should know and comply with the legal requirements.
- Q:Can I smoke in a GroundLink vehicle?
For health and safety reasons, we do not allow smoking in any GroundLink vehicle.
- Q:Is luggage allowed inside the vehicle?
All large luggage must fit in the truck of the vehicle. If handheld luggage fits inside the vehicle, then it is permitted only in the back seat. By law the front seat cannot hold passengers or luggage.
- Q:What are the capacities of your vehicles?
Please visit Our Fleet page to learn more about our vehicles and their passenger and luggage capacities.
- Q:Can I travel in a GroundLink vehicle with a pet?
Pets are allowed in GroundLink vehicles. If the pet weighs more than 15 pounds then they must be in a carrier. Please note that certified service animals and emotional support animals do not need to be placed in a carrier. To ensure a smooth ride for both you and your pet it is best to call us beforehand at (855) 747-6863 to make arrangements so we match you with a pet-friendly driver.